Posted by Darryl Payne in Gatlinburg, TN
What's the old saying? "So much to do, so little time to do it." That expression is usually very fitting when it comes to planning vacation activities. There are so many choices and only so much time (and money) available to squeeze them in. This week, we'll offer a few recommendations for prioritizing Gatlinburg attractions. Of course, the town is packed with great attractions, but here are a few you should consider shuffling to the top of your list.
1) Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies – It's big, it's interactive, and you can't beat gliding through Shark Lagoon on a moving walkway, with sharks swimming overhead. It also has rotating exhibits and kid-friendly activities.
2) Ober Gatlinburg – Year-round fun thanks to snow skiing, snowboarding and ice skating in winter and water slides, alpine slides, go-carts and animal exhibits in summer.
3) Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre – The longest running live show in the Smokies. Enjoy original musical comedies in an intimate Victorian-era showplace.
4) Christ In The Smokies – Formerly Christus Gardens, this long-time tourist stop tells the story of Jesus Christ through life-sized displays and unique artifacts.
5) Gatlinburg Space Needle – Get a bird's-eye view of Gatlinburg and the surrounding mountains from the observation deck of this 342-foot-tall tower.
Other blog categories:
Gatlinburg Attractions Gatlinburg, TN Golf Courses Local Events National Park Outdoor Adventure Outdoor Things To Do Pigeon Forge Attractions Pigeon Forge, TN Sevierville Attractions Sevierville, TN Smoky Mountain Cabins Smoky Mountain Shows Smoky Mountains Things To Do